Hurricane Preparation & Insurance Claims in South Florida
If your property has been affected by any storm, tornado, or Hurricane, trust the professionals at Florida Loss Public Adjusters Inc. to prepare and negotiate your property claim. We handle residential claims, business claims, and commercial complex claims. No property is too large for our team, as we’ve handled one property with 27 damaged buildings, to one company with a dozen locations stretched across South Florida. Many factors go into settling a complex storm claim, so leave your claim to the experts at Florida Loss Public Adjusters.
Our professionals have adjusted thousands of claims over the years. Let our trusted team use their experience to help you too.Hurricane Adjusting
At Florida Loss Public Adjusters Inc., we have highly skilled hurricane claims adjusting experts! Our Adjusters have over 50 years of combined adjusting experience, and we also have extensive experience handling hurricane-related claims, and not just in Florida. Our hurricane adjusting expertise includes losses related to condominiums, apartment complexes, business interruption, and residential losses. Our professionals have adjusted over a thousand hurricane claims, dating back to Hurricane Charley, Katrina, and Wilma. Our hurricane claims experience, and overall knowledge of insurance policies, puts Florida Loss Public Adjusters above the rest.
HURRICANE NAMES FOR 2017
ATLANTIC TROPICAL (AND SUBTROPICAL) STORM NAMES FOR 2017
Here are a few hurricane preparation tips:
The more you prepare in advance, the easier time you will have recovering from a hurricane that causes damage to your home. Make sure to be proactive and act now so you can better protect your property and your loved ones!
- If a storm should strike your area, many friends will be looking for a status on you and your home. Designate one person to email (or call) your friends with your status.
- Get a list of all contractors (roofers, general contractors, yard clean up, etc.). If you have a maintenance contract with them, ask to be contacted so you can be first on the list.
- Be sure to have a cell phone and purchase an extra battery just in case. If a hurricane should strike your area, your phone service may be out for weeks, or longer. Cell phone service will probably be affected, but it may be your only source of communication.
- Purchase a generator, as you’ll probably need temporary electricity. Be sure to get several gas cans to fill the generator often. You may want to test the generator beforehand and make sure you have to proper extension cords to run your refrigerator, etc.
- Take photos of you home, business, and personal property. A video may be best. You may want to mail these photos (or email them) to a relative, in case your home is flooded. Or, keep important documents in a watertight safe, or put them in Ziploc bags in a safe place (not in the attic or near windows). These documents should include insurance papers, photos of your property before the storm, licenses, credit cards, etc.
- Make a copy of your insurance policy and email it to yourself. This should include the number to call if you have to place a claim. Unfortunately, if your home is destroyed, your documents will be destroyed as well.
Call our public adjusters in South Florida! Hurricane Aftermath
Keep listening to NOAA Weather Radio or local radio or TV stations for instructions. If you’ve evacuated, only return once officials tell you to do so. Inspect you home, not just for obvious damage, but also for hidden damage (such as an unsafe structure). Use flashlights in the dark; do not use candles.
It is important to remain prepared and informed as the season begins. Below you will find a link to the 2017 Broward College Hurricane Safety Action Guide along with several websites that provide important information that will help us all prepare for the challenges that often arise during a storm:
Our professionals at Florida Loss Public Adjusters Inc. can fully document the damages that occurred and properly assess the value of your losses. They can also negotiate with your insurance carrier, working on your behalf to secure the full amount of recovery that you deserve. We know how to properly present your claim to your insurance company.