Florida Loss Public Adjusters, Inc. - State License# E109802 |

(954) 430-7333

If you suffer water damage in your home, your insurance company should pay your claim. As long as you do everything you’re required to do, there’s no reason they would deny your claim, right? Well, that’s not necessarily true. If you miss your premiums, your insurance company isn’t going to pay your claim. At this point, there’s not much your Florida public adjuster can do.

Usually, with a denied water damage claim, your Florida public adjuster can help. They can help you file an appeal. Or, with a partially paid claim, they can come up with a list of property damaged in the event. Perhaps the insurance company claimed that you overestimated the replacement costs of your items. Or they may argue that you can repair rather than replace some of your items.

No Insurance Company Will Pay Out a Claim on a Cancelled Policy

Once your insurance policy lapses for non-payment, you’ll typically get a final notice. If you don’t pay your premium by the cancellation date, your policy will be terminated. At this point, you’ll no longer have insurance coverage. Insurance companies never pay out a claim on a canceled policy. If they did that, they’d be out of business in no time.

The only hope you may have would be to prove that you did make your payments. Your Florida public adjuster can review your payment history and see if you were up to date. Perhaps, the insurance company never cashed one of your payments. Or maybe you had overpaid at some point prior and were entitled to a credit. This is something your water damage adjuster in Florida may be able to help with.

You Still Want to Talk to an Experienced Florida Public Adjuster

If the insurance company tells you that your claim isn’t payable, you need to find out why. They’ll give you a specific reason. If that reason is that your policy was canceled for non-payment, then you should call a skilled water damage adjuster in Florida. They can review your paperwork and figure out options that may be available for you.

It’s a good idea to call as soon as possible after you suffer the damage to your home. If you wait too long, you won’t even have the option to file an appeal. Call today and talk to one of our experts.

(954) 430-7333