Losing your home in a fire is one of the most devastating things that can happen to you. Imagine coming home from work or a day out only to discover that your house has been destroyed by a fire. Even if parts of your home remain untouched, you’ll surely suffer thousands of dollars in damage.
Thankfully, most homeowner’s policies include damages caused by a fire. However, there are certain exclusions in every policy. The good news is that experienced fire damage adjusters in Florida know what should be covered. This means, if you’re getting the run around from your insurance company, there’s someone who can help.
What Losses Should Be Covered by Most Homeowner’s Policies?
Most homeowner’s policies are generally the same when it comes to covering house fires. The following types of losses should be covered by your policy:
- Damage to sheds, fences or detached garages
- Damage to the property itself
- Any personal items or contents that are damaged or destroyed in the fire
- Expenses for things like hotel rooms, food and meals if you can’t live in your home while repairs are being made
- Landscaping or replacing shrubs, bushes and trees
If your insurance company refuses to cover any of these things, your Florida fire damage adjusters will go to battle with the insurance company on your behalf. However, even your adjuster won’t be able to get the company to cover certain things.
Florida Fire Damage Adjusters Understand that Certain Things Aren’t Covered
The last thing you want to hear is that your insurance company won’t pay for some of the expenses related to the fire. After all, the fire wasn’t your fault. Why should you have to pay out of pocket to get these things fixed or replaced?
Some of the items not covered by most homeowner’s insurance policies includes:
- Damage caused by war or arson
- Any damage to a house that was vacant at the time of the fire. However, the home must be vacant for at least thirty (30) days prior to the fire
- Damage to any cars that were parked in the garage or driveway when the fire started
Contact an Experienced Fire Damage Adjuster As Soon as Possible
If you experience a house fire, the last thing you’ll want to do is deal with the insurance company. Let an experienced fire damage adjuster in Florida handle this for you. Call today and schedule your free initial appointment.