Hurricane Irma in Florida
Hurricane Irma, powerful and catastrophic!
The most intense hurricane that has struck the United States since Katrina in 2005, and the first major hurricane to make landfall in the state of Florida since Wilma in 2005. Irma has caused widespread property damage throughout our state, particularly in the Florida Keys.
Satellite image of Hurricane Irma at it’s peak. The most intense hurricane that has struck the United States since 2005. Irma has caused extensive property damage in our state.
Help For Hurricane Property Insurance Claims
Call Florida Loss Public Adjusters Now:
(954) 430-7333 or (800) 430-7333
Since 2005, Florida Loss has handled thousands of insurance claims for Residential and Commercial customers throughout Florida
, and we’re here to help you too! Florida Loss is your insurance claim advocate, and we will handle your entire hurricane property insurance claim from start to finish.
As your Insurance Claim Advocate, here’s a snapshot of what we do:
- We’ll call in your claim for you, but it’s o.k. if you’ve already called in your claim.
- We will set an appointment, convenient to you, to meet your insurance adjuster at your property. If possible, do not make repairs, but if you do, please take photos.
- We will show up, before the scheduled appointment time, to go over your loss with you.
- Typically, the insurance company will send their ‘Field Adjuster’ to meet us. We will work with the field adjuster and try to get them to agree on a scope of damages. The field adjuster will create their estimate to give to the insurance company, and we will create our own estimate to give to the insurance company. Know that our estimate is usually higher than the field adjuster’s estimate, only because we leave nothing out.
- Your claim will then usually be handled by a ‘Desk Adjuster’ who works at the insurance company. The desk adjuster for the insurance company will look over their field adjuster’s estimate, and our estimate, then call us to negotiate settlement.
- Once we have a settlement we feel comfortable with, we will call you to make sure you are comfortable with it as well.
- Once accepted, the carrier will issue a settlement check with your name, our name, and your mortgage company’s name on it.
- Our fee is only 10% of what we collect for you, we usually charge 20%, but the State of Florida places a cap on our fee during a State of Emergency.
- Our fee is calculated off the check you receive, which is after the deductible. So, if you get a $10,000 check, our fee is just $1,000
- Basically we handle your entire claim, and typically get you more money than you can get on your own, all for just 10% of the recovered amount.