The State of Florida gives all carriers the luxury of paying an Undisputed Amount in no more than 90 days. That means you may wait 3 months to get a check for your claim, and that check is what the carrier thinks they should pay. So, if you have a small water leak, you can expect a long wait time for your check. What will happen if the carrier doesn’t pay the undisputed amount in 3 months? Nothing really, you will just be entitled to receive interest on the money they owe you. Doesn’t seem fair that insurance companies want their money on time, but then take their time to reimburse you for a claim.
- Navigating the Aftermath of Hurricane Idalia: How a Public Adjuster Can Expedite Your Insurance Claims
- Navigating Fire Damage: How Public Adjusters Can Make a Difference in the Aftermath of Disasters Like the Maui Fires
- Is Flood Insurance required in Florida?
- Does my Insurance cost go up after filing a Claim?
- What does Flood Insurance cover in Florida?